But I did want it to look cute and girly. The solution? Wall clings! And HIP HIP HOORAY! I found these cute butterfly clings at the dollar store! I made them into a border. Four dollars and 24 cents later, I had a nursery.
Everything else was either something I already had (i.e. the crib, dresser, and beloved lazy boy rocker) or something I got for free. A friend of ours recently sold her house and decided to roam the country with her family in a travel trailer. So she sold everything she could and gave away the rest. I got the bedding set and clock for free!
The curtain is actually a pink sheet that has been sitting in my camping stuff since I first went to Girl Scout Camp 23 years ago. My mom had a great idea to line our sleeping bags with a sheet so they would stay cleaner. When I was trying to figure out a girly curtain without spending money I remembered that sheet! After two decades the creases were pretty defined, but they are on the back so it doesn't matter. When the light is off and the sun is still up the entire room has a beautiful, warm, rosy glow.
Just waiting for you, little girl!
4 comments:
How many rooms do you have? That is a way cute way to feminize the room without too much effort! We have 2 bedrooms upstairs nad 2 in the basement which leaves plenty of room except I'm not sure when I'll be comfortable enough to send kids downstairs!
We have a master bedroom and three other bedrooms, all on the second floor (we don't have a basement). One is Nathan's cave and also the guest room. One is the baby's room. One is shared by Annalee and Vander, at present. They could each have their own rooms, but there are a lot of reasons why it's more convenient for us to have them together for now. For one, if we don't put a child lock on the doorknob, Vander will get out at odd hours and get into mischief. However, since Annalee is in there I don't have to worry about him being trapped if they really needed to get out. She can tell time on the digital clock, so when it's 7:00 a.m. she opens the door for both of them. Yay, for sleeping until 7:00! Also, when we travel they are already used to sleeping in the same room so we don't have as much trouble getting them to sleep. There are lots of other bonuses.
Awe, I am so so glad to see that crip set is use again! So happy that you could use it! :)
Bryton
Very nice!
Post a Comment