I got this idea off of my friend Jessica's blog. Sounds like fun! (Although, maybe I should be worried?)
1. Leave a comment on my blog that is a memory that you and I have together. It can be about Sandi, Nathan, or both of us. It doesn't have to be anything big just as long as you post something. I know there are a few people who read my blog and don't usually comment--now is your big chance! You have to have a gmail email address to comment, but that's easy to get. Just go to google.com, click on gmail (at the top) and follow the instructions. [It's easy, it's free, and you never have to use it if you don't want to (other than to sign in and comment on this blog). But if you're interested, this is the first step to making your own free blog!]
2. After you're done, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It should be pretty cool and funny to see what people remember about you. If you leave a comment on my blog, and you decide to play this game on yours, I'll repay by leaving a memory on your blog.
10 comments:
I have so many many memories with you! I couldn't have asked for a better room-roomate, you were so patient with my messy 1/2 of the room. I remember you coloring my milk on april fools day. I remember you pulling out all of the cans of soup and mac n cheese and putting on a demonstration when I said that there was no food to eat in our apartment... We were both laying on the kitchen floor dying of laughter. I remember you slapping my back, (don't remember why) then taking a picture of it because you were proud of the handprint it left. I have so many fond memories of staying up late talking and laughing. I remember you coming to my wedding shower. I remember you making a song for Anthony and I and singing it at the wedding luncheon. I miss hanging out with you Sandi...you're such a great example and freind. Love ya!
(by the way, I just posted the 3rd day on our blog, no such luck with being in the hospital yet!)
When we were in highschool, you kidnapped me, blindfolded me, and tossed me in the back seat of your car. You drove circles in parking lots, and switched roads a lot so I wouldn't know where we were going. Finally, we ended up at your house. I was so baffled. It was nowhere near my birthday or any special occasion.
9 months previous, my dad's wife had maliciously sent an email to about 20 family members in which she wrongly accused me of being pregnant to try to take the attetntion off of her own daughter who was. In my efforts to try to set the record straight, my father accused me of trying to drive a wedge between him and my grandmother and called me selfish for defending my honor. I was really upset, and you were so supportive.
You explained to me that you had planned this party the day you found out about it all. And here, 9 months later, you were throwing me a surprise (mock) baby shower! It was such a fun party!
All the parties you threw were a blast! I have so many memories of birthday parties, GAS parties, Halloween parties, and dates held at your house. You were always so creative. You had the golden touch with nearly everything you planned.
Oh! Can I post one more? Sorry, I just have way too many memories of you.
There was one girls' choice dance we went on where you thought it would be a cute idea to buy Hershey's hugs and kisses and at the end of the night, ask our dates if they wanted a goodnight hug and kiss. Then, when they were good and flustered, we'd pull out the candies.
Well, it didn't quite go how we thought it would. Your date told you he didn't kiss on the first date, and while trying to explain to him, you held out your fist holding the candy. He misunderstood and kissed the back of your hand thinking he was being all gentlemanly.
My date... well, he seemed to be such a shy guy, and it was our first (and only) date. I thought I could get nice deep red color in his face. I'm evil like that. But he actually said yes! Eek! I was quite panicked and quickly shoved the candy into his hand. He asked me if I wanted a goodnight hug or kiss, and not knowing what he was thinking, I went the safe route and asked for a hug. He did give me a real hug, but he was so embarassed from the whole thing that he never made eye contact with me ever again. Not even when I gave him his pictures.
I was never brave enough to try your little trick again.
I just read the way you remember the pork n benas incident...you did remember it exactly right. I was laughing so hard too, Anthony wanted to know what was so funny and wanted to hear the whole story. I just got done telling him and all I got was a complimentary laugh from him!
Remember the barn date thing we did too with the homeade fire out of crepe paper? Also the huge spider on our ceiling for halloween? We, along with Danica and Koreena were just the 4 coolest girls to ever exist!
Jessica, yeah, my date was Justin Martin. Now he and his wife are friends with us and live a few blocks away! I wonder if he kissed his wife on the first date . . .
I remember when you were the choir director in 12th ward and we all kept forgetting some important date, so you wrote the date on your forhead and kept it like that the whole practice so we wouldn't forget! Loved it.... :-)
It was Dec 9th, the choir christmas party, and I wrote the "9" with dark red lipstick. (Doesn't come off so well . . .) I LOVED that choir! Ollie, where is your blog?
ah HA! I probably need your email address to add you to the "permissions" list. We set our blog to private for various reasons. Anyway, just email me your email address and I'll add ya! okkelly (at) hotmail (dot) com
When Sean went to Iraq, you helped me make videos to cheer him up. I still have them, too, and I watch them to cheer myself up now! I love the "bad conductor" song. Sooo hilarious!
Okay so it's taken me a while to post... I'm just now catching up on your blog again. =\ But I'm posting now and that counts right? Right! ;-)
The first memory that comes to my mind is that date we had for Junior Prom our senior year... you, me, and Jessica. Plus our dates, all six of us stuffed into one little car... And we split up, the guys went to one dollar store and the girls went to another, and we had to get something fun for our date. You got your date a reflector on a stick to mock the accident he'd been in, and you had me carry it around in my jacket because it was too long for yours. I felt so conspicuous! Then it turned out the guys had gotten those guns that shot the little plastic pellets, so we went around shooting people all night.
THAT was a fun date!! =)
Post a Comment