Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mommy Moments


To balance out my bad-day-post, I am doing a post I've been thinking about for a while: a sharing of those precious little moments that make the other moments worthwhile.
Yesterday (her 5 month mark) I found her in the crib like this. Yes, she had busted out of her Swaddleme (at least it helps her get to sleep) and was reclining like the cool kid she is. Her feet were at the head of the bed. And she was still totally asleep! I even took this flash picture of her without waking her up. I like to wake her up sometimes instead of waiting for her to cry, because then she wakes up so happy and gives me a smile that says, "You're my favorite person!" (Of course, she gives the same smile to Daddy.) Another moment I want to share happened a few months ago. She was in her swing and had decided she was done with it. It took me a few minutes to stop whatever I was working on, get cleaned up, and come get her. By the time I was ready for her she had been crying for a good while and was all red and upset. I picked her up, and the INSTANT her head touched my shoulder she was asleep! So cute!
Today she was crying "huh huh huh" because she was hungry and it was time for a nap. As I started feeding her she kept crying "mm mm mm" with her mouth full. I thought it was so funny I laughed out loud. Sensing my humor, her eyes lit up and she stopped eating and smiled, then copied my laugh "Huh huh huh!" which, oddly enough, sounded just like her crying! Then she started eating again, except I was laughing at her laugh, so she stopped eating and laughed again! Then I had to smile and keep my mouth shut so she would eat.
She's already such a girly-girl. Whenever she has a dress on she pulls the skirt up and hides behind it, coyly. What a flirt!
I love it when Daddy calls and wants to talk to her. The first few times she looked really confused and tried to turn her head to see where Daddy was hiding. Now she just looks happy and tries to eat the phone.
Feel free to share your favorite mommy moments!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Awww, such cute things! I want to eat her cute, chubby arms! What a sweet girl. I can't believe she's already 5 months!!

Jessica Haddox said...

Hehe, that's so sweet. Isn't it funny how it's just little things that totally melt your heart? It doesn't take much at all to remind you how much you love them!

Koreena said...

How sweet. Matty used to get in the weirdest positions like that when he slept. Actually, I still sneak into his room every night before I go to sleep just to see what crazy position he's in. :)

Those funny and joyful moments are the ones that keep me going!