Monday, February 16, 2009

Are Coupons Worth It?

Coupons take a lot of time--you have to find them, print them, cut them out, organize them, take them with you, hunt down the products they go with and then decide if the coupon makes it a good deal or not. But when things work out it gives you such a high!

Behold:

I joined Lane Bryant's club or whatever, and got a coupon in the mail for $15 off a purchase of $15 or more. They had some trouser socks for $5.50 each, but they were having a sale, buy 3 get two free. So I got all this
for $1.50!

Annalee helped me cash in on the Valentine's Old Navy promotion.
(It's like printing my own money!) With my free $5 I got all this
for zero out-of-pocket.

Today I went to a great Albertson's sale and got a free can of diced tomatoes (a coupon I got in the mail for signing up for something online) and 60 cans of no-salt-added veggies for $0.50 a can. The no-salt variety normally costs $0.90 at my cheap Winco store! (I also got a pair of running pants that were marked down.)
Emboldened by my success, I went to Walmart and got all of this
for $12! The granola bars were 50 cents each, the dog food was 68 cents each, the Kotex was 25 cents, and the Advil and all of the Johnson & Johnson stuff (first aid kits, baby wash, lotion) was FREE! Euphoria!

So yes, for me, coupons are worth it. If I made a 6 figure income then perhaps I could afford to not care how much things cost and spend my time in other pursuits, like playing the voice of a cartoon character in a Pixar movie. Until then, pass the scissors!

2 comments:

Heather said...

WOW, what a bunch of KILLER deals!!! :) I'm so proud of you...my sister in law is really good this kind of stuff too!

Rachel said...

I'm very impressed!