That is why I present to you this one small success with the pomp and fanfare of the grandest of victories. [cue trumpets]
BEHOLD!
The answer came when I was vacuuming one day (it's been known to happen) and stepped on the wrong side of the plastic that protects the carpet from my rolling desk chair--ouch! Then I thought this could work! So I bought 3 feet of plastic carpet protector at Lowes (the kind that comes on a big roll to go down a hall) and stuck it to the kitchen floor wrong-side-up.
It worked.
It worked!
Nathan was worried that she would hurt herself on it (it sure hurts when WE step on it!) but Annalee only touched it with a crawling hand, just twice, and decided that it didn't feel very nice. She hasn't bothered to try since! I was so excited that I used some more to protect my living room plant.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S * M * R * T! I mean, uh, S * M * A * R * T! I am so smart!
Someday when I am old and gray--like in 15 years--I will sit in the corner in a rocking chair, clutching a dead plant, and repeat over and over "I sure got her! He he he! She thought she could get it but I tricked her!" (I don't know why senility is such a mystery to some people--you obviously get it from your kids.)
Ah . . . my one victory.
5 comments:
You ARE so smart! What a great idea. Maybe we'll have to use it.
genius, pure genius! =)
brilliant! My two year old loves playing with the water dish. He's constantly tipping it over or putting all of the dog food into the water dish. That would probably be mean of me though...since he does walk and all...
Sandi, W magazine is free again-
http://www.rewardsgold.com/mags/w/sg_w_mag_pg3e.htm
use this link orcome by my blog!
Mimi
You think so more creatively than me. Love it!
Post a Comment