Last night the downstairs bathtub and toilet started backing up (and in the toilet's case, overflowing) when the washing machine was running. So I had a plumber come out and he discovered that our outside line access has been buried and our inside line access has been sealed inside a wall and the utility floor drain was tiled over, so the only thing he can do is remove the toilet to gain access. I said okay and signed a bill for $250. Then he tried to bring his equipment in and it wouldn't fit through the permanent child gate on the stairs. Luckily, my buff brother was around to help him lift it over the gate.
In the mean time we can't run any water. Of course I have 5 loads of laundry waiting and need to wash my cloth diapers RIGHT NOW while my daughter is asleep. I made a bunch of calls and one of my visiting teachers finally let me use her washer.
I'm hoping that we don't have roots in our pipes--ironic since we don't have any trees. However, our neighbors have giant lovely trees that drop loads of tiny leaves and twigs on our lawn that we have to rake up. I'm praying my daughter sleeps through the noise of the rooter, and wishing that I could just take a nap too!
And of course, thanks to stupid hormones, I am bawling like a dumb girl because the plumber said some sexist things about calling my husband when I asked him to wait a minute while I made a call. I was actually calling his competitor to get another quote, but this guy assumed I needed my husband's permission or something. I'm the one who makes all the decisions on the day-to-day running of the house! My husband is way too busy with work and school to care about sewage management! Arghhhhh!
4 comments:
Hey Gal,
That kind of stuff will upset anyone and since I was there, I saw you handled things quite well on round 2, telling him he could talk to you because you handled the house stuff and your husband was too busy. So give yourself a well deserved pat on the back and I will handle the hug stuff. You always did like getting my shirt wet! Love ya Mom
Gah! Jerk.
Hope you got everything all worked out though.
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Hope things get fixed quickly.
Thanks for the Huggies coupon! I am sorry to read about your sewage issue, I hope your baby slept and you got the cloth diapers washed. I used CD for 10 months and I understand having to get them washed ASAP! I read about your miscarriages and I am sorry. I found your blog from Facebook, I am Natalie Romans cousin (sorta). BTW I love your likes and dislikes on the right side, a very creative way to put it!
Post a Comment