Poor Annalee has been desperate for me to play with her in the snow, but since I only have 2 pairs of pants that fit, and neither is snow friendly . . . and since I can't really bend over or get on my knees for long . . . well, she has been pretty disappointed. Tavi is just not so fun because he won't cooperate with what she wants him to do. So Daddy told her that when he got home from work on Thursday they would go build snowmen.
My two snow goons. I am seriously reminded of Calvin and Hobbes.
A few weeks ago Nathan and I went to the temple. When we got back, Annalee asked where we had been. I said, "Daddy and Mommy went to the temple, and when you're bigger you can go too." (I'm thinking, 12.) Well, Thursday at lunch Annalee scarfed down her PB&J, then called out "Mommy, I ate my whole sandwich. I'm bigger now! Can I go to the temple?" I was shocked silent for a moment--that conversation had been weeks ago! But then I smiled and said, "Yes, you can go to the temple."
So that night we all went to the Idaho Falls Temple Visitor's Center.
Starving, we headed over to Famous Dave's for some BBQ. Nathan had been telling me how awesome their food was, especially the ribs, which were supposed to be better than Texas Roadhouse. We ordered a giant family platter that came served in a garbage can lid.
Unfortunately, the food didn't hold up to it's reputation for me. I was so disappointed in the ribs I only ate a few bites. They were tough, really tough to get off the bone. Even Nathan was forced to admit that the ribs were good, but too much work to eat. Texas Roadhouse is still the place. I did, however, thoroughly enjoy the cornbread muffins, which were almost like cake.
After dinner we decided to drive around looking at Christmas lights. This turned out to be more fun for Nathan and I than Annalee as we relived our childhoods. Annalee just blew raspberries in the back and asked if we could go home. Ah, children.
After dinner we decided to drive around looking at Christmas lights. This turned out to be more fun for Nathan and I than Annalee as we relived our childhoods. Annalee just blew raspberries in the back and asked if we could go home. Ah, children.
2 comments:
You're such good parents. It's hard to drop everything and take advantage of teaching moments when young children have the desire. I'm sure you're fostering a lifelong desire to be at the temple for Annalee. What a sweet, smart little girl. And a boy coming! Yay! We love boys at our house! :) You're in for a treat!
3PO. Cute. :)
Post a Comment