Monday, December 6, 2010

Some of My Favorite Things

Hi, everybody. Annalee here. It's been a while since I've posted, but working the keyboard is pretty hard; even though I can recognize my letters now I still don't know how to spell! Still, I'm only 2 1/2 so what do you expect?
So, I hear that Christmas is coming. I'm still trying to figure out what that means. As far as I can tell it has something to do with baby Jesus, camels, presents, reindeer, trains, a magnetic advent calendar, lights, big socks, Santa Claus (still not really sure who he is), and the songs "Jingle Bells" and the reindeer song. Sometimes people talk about their favorite things, so I thought I'd share some of mine with you.
I like food. Especially dessert. We get along great.
I also love getting my picture taken. Mommy's friend Koreena came over to take pictures of Daddy, but of course she couldn't resist taking a few of me.

Which was a good thing, because she caught some never-before-seen faces! Mommy loves that Koreena's awesome skills managed to capture the real color of my eyes; Mommy's camera sometimes makes them look blue when she's getting out red-eye, but they are obviously the perfect shade of brown.

Speaking of eyes, one of my favorite games is to "rest my eyes" or pretend to take a nap. I will drag cushions and blankets from all over the house and make myself a bed. Sometimes I really get into the act, with fake baby crying and everything.
Other times I just let my personality speak for itself.
I'm a burgeoning artist, of course. Mommy had a great idea on how to make my baths last longer (purely for my enjoyment, I'm sure). She put washable finger paints in a dish and gave me a brush and Voila! A masterpiece! Please take note of the O's, which are my specialty. We could have cut the shower wall out and sold it for millions, I'm sure, but Mommy just made me wash it off when I was done.
Two more of my favorite things are my Dora-esque backpack
and books. Someday The Chronicles of Narnia are going to be even more interesting to me. I "read" on my own quite a bit, but I especially love reading with Mommy or Daddy.
I pretty much like doing anything with Daddy!
I also like to watch tv. Even though Mommy got rid of the television and entertainment center, we can still watch stuff on the computer.
Mommy says it's okay if we do it just a little bit because nobody's perfect and we don't watch it as much as we used to. Mostly, I think Mommy just needs to nap sometimes because the baby in her tummy makes her so tired.

I'm looking forward to playing with my baby brother. I hope he likes dress-up! I love to play dress-up with my friends. Well folks, that's all for now. !Adios!

2 comments:

Koreena said...

She's such a doll! I'm so impressed she knows her letters. Jossy isn't interested at all. I love that picture of her and Nathan with their hands behind their heads. :)

Keri said...

Oh, Annalee, you're adorable!!