I've been meaning to post these pics for forever now, but I had to wait until I got enough sleep to be able to sort through the boxes and piles of junk in his room and then decorate it. The day before my water broke I had started a major project of sorting clothes in his room--totes and totes of clothes--and it didn't get done until just a few weeks ago when Nathan's mom came to help me out. This is Annalee's old room. We painted it a mint ice cream kind of green

and hung up the baby quilt I made. You can all be jealous of my Rail Rider changing table. I love it.

The whole room was designed around the colors of his blanket: green, white, and brown.

On the wall opposite the crib is a high shelf. Right now it has little bears on it that his Great-Grandma Ring painted.

The curtains are brown to match the blanket. They are black-out curtains (thanks, Mom!)

The Relief Society threw me a baby shower (which was so, so nice since I was feeling depressed) and this diaper "cake" was one of the cutest gifts. The little blue lion came in a bouquet my parents had delivered to the hospital while I was there. I wish I had taken a picture of the flower arrangement. Conscious of my husband's aversion to pink, they specifically asked that it not have pink in it. It had three kinds of pink flowers: carnations, roses, and wax flowers.
This is the nerve center of the room: my chair. This chair belongs to me--MINE! When I was nursing Annalee I had a rocking chair with wooden arms that would hide in shame if it met this chair. In our family, when you turn 30 everyone pitches in to buy you a really nice gift costing several hundred dollars. My husband got a Wii, my brother-in-law got a bike, and I got this chair. While I was pregnant I was able to put my feet up and it supported my legs perfectly instead of cutting off the circulation at the knee, like some do, or not supporting my calves.

Vander and I spend a lot of time here. He eats and I either doze or read. We are both very happy. (As happy as we can be at 3:00 a.m.) Because the room is so small I set the back of the chair in the closet, which we don't really need to get into right now anyway. The duck blanket was made by one of Nathan's coworkers--so sweet!
I am really pleased with how his room turned out. When I think of Vander, I don't think baby blue, I think GREEN.
2 comments:
The room looks GREAT!! It is so awesome to come up with your own design and see it work out so well. All those years that I said "when you have your own house", now you know!!!!
Looks great!! I really like it. And I'm incredibly jealous of that chair. I have a glider in the baby room, but it's not comfortable to nurse in, just for rocking to sleep. I would love to have big, plush chair to sit in like that while nursing!
Post a Comment