Vander got out of wearing his tie after Sacrament Meeting by blowing out of his diaper and up his back. In fact, the only article of clothing he didn't get was his bow tie. (Behold the magic of the bow tie.)
Nathan got a new calling at church today: ward mission leader. Not sure what that means besides lots of meetings and feeding the missionaries when we can't get enough people to sign up. Sounds good to me!
Annalee saw a bunch of kids running to the Bishop's office for candy after church. What she didn't know was that he was giving out suckers to kids who had memorized one of the Articles of Faith. "But you're probably a little young for that, aren't you?" he asked, looking down at her. "What can you tell me?" Nathan suggested she share her testimony about something we learned in Family Home Evening. So she said, "I'd like to bear my testimony. We give tithing to the Bishop and he builds churches and temples. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." She got some candy! It was so cute.
Grandma and Papa 'Beek came over after church for Bow Tie Pasta casserole! (Am I awesome, or what?) A little later our friends Hannah and Mike came over to play a game that is similar to Settlers of Catan. It was super fun, but perhaps that's because I totally creamed everyone. Annalee played with their daughter Sadie in the backyard. It was the longest amount of time she'd ever spent on her "park", as she calls it. I guess a swing set is more fun with two!
I have to shout out some kudos to Nathan for being willing to wear something as dorky as a bow tie, just because I made it. Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men in my life!
2 comments:
Nathan is a Sweetie. And the ties and bow were very cool! Thank you for dinner and a very nice fathers day for dad.
Yep. You're awesome. :)
Post a Comment