Friday, June 24, 2011

Preschool on the cheap

For the month of May Annalee got to go to preschool. Idaho Falls High School has a Child Development class that runs a preschool for the last month of school as a project.

Annalee was in love.

Every day she would come home telling me (the words tumbling out nearly too fast to hear) "We play gaaaames and have circle time and have a snack and read a book and color" etcetera, etcetera.I was also in love.

The whole month of M-F classes cost $20. Yep, it was awesome. I was lucky enough to hook up with two nice ladies in my neighborhood and form a carpool. They both have several more children than I do, so they own vans. I do not. So these wonderful ladies decided that they would take care of Mondays through Thursdays and I would only have to drive on Fridays. Only four times during the month! I didn't think this was exactly fair, but if they had no complaints then neither did I! On Fridays Vander stayed home with Uncle Steve while I took off with two 4 year old boys and a 3 year old girl in the back seat. Oh, I wish I had written down the conversations they would have! Too funny. And also extremely annoying. The 5 minute drive to and from school was almost too long some days. The class was only an hour long (because they were the length of the HS students' classes) so on the days I drove I didn't get very much time to myself. But on the days I didn't drive I had a good 75 minutes of time to work on projects and clean the house . . . ha ha, fooled ya! Yeah, actually, I was sleeping. It was the best!

We were all a little sad when it was over. Whenever we drive by IFHS Annalee points out the window and exclaims "My school! It's my school!" (If we are still living here when she's 15 it will be her school. But we probably won't be.)

Looking forward to next year!

3 comments:

Just Mom said...

it will happen so fast

Danica said...

How cool! Our highschools do it around here but it is all year round for two hours and it is still like $60 a month! I love it when you find something like that.
Cute that Annalee loved it so much!

Koreena said...

Man, I wish I could find a worthy preschool around here for $20!! That's awesome!