I decided to follow Jessica and Mike's advice to work on a talent on Sundays, to do something that I've been meaning to do, but haven't done. After Conference last Sunday I pulled out the blocks I painted at an Enrichment Super Saturday last summer.
We were making them before the 4th of July and they were supposed to say "Liberty" but I've never been one to put out 4th of July decorations. I wanted something that would last a little bit longer. I'm lazy. So I painted this. Yup, just put it up in June, and leave it there until it snows! It is supposed to look watermelon-ish. It worked great last year, but then I had to take it down and find a place to store it. Where? I don't have any other summer decorations. The only boxes of decorations I have are for Halloween (2) and Christmas (8, yes, 8). They hung around in the guest room closet last year, but this year that is Annalee's closet. The answer? Make it so I don't have to put them away.

I just turned the summer side to the top and painted this. (The last block is a leaf.) It is perfect because the top of the entertainment center is so high that no one can see the other letters. Did you know that all of the seasons have exactly 6 letters? Stay tuned for Winter and Spring as the seasons change and I find time to paint the other sides!
P.S. Yes, that is the sensor strip for a Wii on top of the tv, along with the wiimote on one of my beautiful picture shelves. Grrr Nathan, put it away! My family pitched in to get Nathan a Wii for his birthday. He breezed through the new Star Wars Force Unleashed game in one week!
P.P.S. Also I feel compelled to excuse my poor dying plants. When you are a mom, some things just fall by the wayside. At least it's not my husband, baby, or dog that is starving!
4 comments:
Those letters WILL be re-arranged the next time we visit!
I'm assuming you used the 1st letter in ech word on the 1st block and so forth, so I can't use A and S in the same word. Let's see, depending on the year we have...
From July-November:
SUTURE (Perfect for your husband)
UTERUS (oops, sorry)
MUSTER
SERUM (love that word!)
MENU
MART
December-June doesn't give much:
TWINER
WRING
RING
WE GRIP (I'm stretching it)
But it makes it all up with this word:
TWERP!
cute blocks Sandi...
you're a talented painter!
Lookin' good! You have more patience than i do... I probably would have painted the 1st block and called it done. Maybe I'll share the story of my Family Home Evening plaque some day.....
Mike . . . words fail me. I think your last word pretty much sums it up!
Post a Comment