instead of rolling around my house like Violet Beauregarde.
1. This pregnancy is VERY different from Annalee's.
2. Because of that, I knew very early on I was having a boy.
3. Annalee knew it was a boy before we were even pregnant.
4. I am not really sure what to do with a boy. I guess I'll figure it out as I go.
5. Yes, we are planning on using cloth diapers again, as soon as he fits into them. We love them!
6. His name is a secret, but it's a variation on a family name. My sister is very afraid of what "variation" could mean.
7. His name is not going to be Frodo + Ronald = Frondo, so stop it!
8. Two weeks ago he was measuring two weeks ahead. Just like his sister, he's going to be big.
9. He likes to move A LOT, especially if Daddy starts poking him--he pushes back. Annalee would usually stop moving if poked, like, hey, what was that?
10. Two days ago he moved down low, which is very uncomfortable for Mommy.
11. I get heartburn no matter what I eat, no matter how little of it I eat (or drink). I miss my Prilosec. [sniffle] My doctor this time nixed it.
12. I am very grateful for my knowledgeable doctor this time.
13. Baby boy not only kicks and moves, he ROLLS. You can see my belly doing The Wave several times a day. The Wave looks really cool, but is decidedly uncomfortable. I don't remember Annalee doing it this much.
14. I just know that this kid is going to be late. (Or else, he'll come when my mom and my husband are both out of town.)
15. My morning sickness in the first trimester would go away if I ate something. How cool is that? Too bad it took me so long to figure out. With Annalee, I got sick no matter what I ate, and that food quickly became taboo. Still can't eat saltines.
16. For the first half of my pregnancy I didn't like chocolate; now I eat chocolate all day long.
17. For my whole pregnancy I have been turned off of ice cream and cheese cake. What's wrong with this boy?
18. Annalee likes to "kiss the baby" by kissing my belly. She tells me she has a baby in her tummy, too.
19. I would love to get maternity pictures (something I've never done) but my favorite photographer is due two months after me and doesn't feel up to it for some reason. ;)
20. I worry this might be my last pregnancy. (Depends on how this delivery goes, and whether we continue to have fertility problems.)
21. Pretty much every night, one of my dreams is about going into labor.
22. This pregnancy, I've learned to be a lot more relaxed when things don't get done. I'm okay with letting more things slide.
23. I am so, so grateful that I have a cute pregnant belly, instead of just looking fat. That was one of my biggest prepregnancy fears.
24. I need to take more progress photos. I just don't get around to it.
25. My husband is so sweet, and so attentive. He helps me with everything. He gets up with Annalee. He lets me sleep in on weekends. He's slept on the couch a few times so I could sleep better.
26. Being married to a nurse means that he knows more than I do about some things in pregnancy. He doesn't tell me about all the things that could go wrong because he is a very, very smart man.
27. My sciatic pain went away a few months ago, to be replaced by hip pain that spreads when I lay down. (Like, when I try to sleep.) Joy.
28. I love the way people treat me when they see I'm pregnant. I always open my coat as soon as we get into a store, just so people will smile at me and be nicer.
29. I only have two pairs of pants that fit. They are both plaid pajama pants.
30. Despite all the discomfort, I will miss having this special little person inside of me. I can already feel his personality. I love never being alone, even when I'm by myself.
31. Though I'm not in a hurry for him to get here (way too much to do before then) I am really excited to meet my new little guy!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday! When I saw it was the 16th I thought hmm its Sandi's birthday. I still remember after all these years. It is kind of different being pregnant on your birthday, I barely missed it with Miriam but not so lucky with these 2. I remember the same feelings of what do I do with a boy esp since I thought Aaron was going to be a girl, but they are wonderful and the complicated besides you have a expert to turn to- your husband.
OHHHHHH your in for it. Boys are a whole new ball game man. Get ready to be on the chase like 24/7. My boys never stop moving. They are fun though. Congrats! Annalee is going to have so much fun as a big sis!
P.S I took our pictures... cool back ground huh?
I felt the same about having a girl after having Matty, that I'd have no idea what to do with a girl. It all works out. You'll love playing trains and cars. :)
You know you're welcome to travel down here for maternity pictures, but I imagine you feel like traveling as much as I do. ;)
I totally vote for Frondo!!!
Post a Comment