Friday, January 14, 2011

Genevieve Mae

My sister was induced today at 10:30, and little Ginny (pronounced "jenny") made her appearance less than 4 hours later. She is named Genevieve after my dad's maternal grandmother, my great-grandma (the only one still living.) She is name Mae after MaeLynn, one of Sarah's best friends, who is dying from pancreatic cancer. But Mae was also my dad's paternal grandmother's name!
I can't believe they got a picture of her with her tongue sticking out--that is definitely Sarah's child!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I don't think I realized she was expecting. Sarah looks more herself here than any other pictures you'e had of her for awhile. That will be great fun to have close cousins to play with! Pass on the congrats!

Jackson Family said...

beautiful, can you believe yours is right around the corner? Love the name---and she is lucky to have you as her auntie!

Sarah said...

Sandi, it is pronounced Gin-ny. Gin, like the drink. Not Jenny. Cheers.

Sarah

Koreena said...

So sweet! Congrats on the new niece!

Sandi said...

I know that, Sarah. I'm just trying to help non-Harry Potter fans realized that it's not a hard G, like "giddy".