One day I sent Annalee outside to check the mail or something and within seconds of going out she was back at the door, pounding on it like crazy and screaming as if she was being murdered. As I ran toward the door (which she hadn't realized was still locked when she went out) I was in full panic mode, trying to figure out what could possibly be causing this level of fear. Was a strange man assaulting her on our doorstep?
No, it was this.
See that teeny, tiny speck, waaaaaaay over by the grass? It was a spider.
Okay, I'll admit that up close it was kind of big and freaky-looking. But he was just sitting there, minding his own business. In fact, since we had recently had the bug sprayer guy come, he was probably pondering his impending death and feeling too sick to run or do much of anything.
But Annalee was still petrified! (Just for the record, if he had been in my bedroom, I would have joined her in her hysteria!)
No comments:
Post a Comment