This year, Annalee is finally old enough to really enjoy it. She rode it a bit two years ago, but she was too little to coordinate pushing the gas pedal and steering the wheel at the same time. So Daddy and I took turns sitting on the back of the yellow seats with our feet on the hood, Annalee sitting between our legs and pushing the gas while we steered. We were most definitely over the weight limit, but it still ran. Our neighbors thought we were gloriously dorky and hilarious. I wish I had a picture of that!
Last year the battery died and we never got around to buying a new one (they are SEVENTY BUCKS!) until a few weeks ago. Now she is having a ball! It has two speeds: the slow speed is slower than I walk and the fast speed is faster than I walk. So I walk for a while and then run to catch up. Since Vander hit his head he is not allowed to ride on stuff like this until sometime in October. So I push him in the stroller and get a great workout as we go around and around the block. I quickly found out that Annalee cannot hear me shout over the noise of the plastic wheels on the road and the loud motor. So I wear a whistle, and when she hears me tweet it (because a car is coming or I need her to wait for me) she stops and keeps me from going gray.
It's fun that there are two seats because we can give rides to the neighbor kids and friends. The other night I was trading babysitting with a good friend, so Nathan and I had 5 kids to entertain.
We made three trips around the block, giving each big kid a chance to drive, ride, and bike. The two little ones loved the fast ride in the double stroller. (I got that for $15 at a garage sale--what a deal!)
Gator Chasing, the new workout craze!
4 comments:
They still talk about how they got to drive a car, that may be on our Christmas wish list this year. The whistle idea is ingenious, even if my kids chose not to hear it (sorry about that). I also love how my baby looks really crazy with his wild bedhead, and the red-eye effect. Thanks again for the fun time! (and for the chance for a date).
Watch Craigslist, you can sometimes get them for $50 with a dead battery. New, they are closer to $400. It would be worth a new battery to get one used. Thanks so much for trading babysitting with us! We should plan a double date soon--Brave just hit the Cinema Grill!
Cool, thanks for the advice! And yes, we should go (although technically I told you first, but I guess you didn't get the text). I'll be in touch.
Haha, I just found it!
Post a Comment