At 6:45 this evening the neighborhood gathered around
to watch us take a panel of our fence down. What were we doing?
Making room for this baby. This BIG baby!
Away in a manger....
This sucker is BIG!
It is the beginning of our new chicken coop! Come Spring, we plan to get us some chickens. Yes, we are insane. It was Nathan's idea. He finally talked me into it.But I'm really excited about getting this 6'x4'x8' beauty for $35 on Craigslist!
4 comments:
Into every life a little rain must fall. Sometimes the rain makes mud, sometimes flowers.
Your rain is the chickens.... manure or eggs. You will get both. It may turn out fantastic! Or muddy. Either way it will be an experience for all and a dream come true for Nathan!
Have a blast!
Yay chickens! They are lots of fun. The baby chicks are so cute I want to spend all my time just sitting and looking at them. Then when they get big enough to lay eggs the first few eggs are so cute and small. I love the eggs. My garden loves the manure. And they recycle all our table scraps for us. Chickens have funny personalities, too. Good luck!
Eric had to talk really hard to convince me too, but it has been a good experience. Make sure you get baby chicks to raise- your kids will love them. As far as pets go I would do chickens all the way! I don't think the chickens have payed us back for all the money put into them but its a great experience for the kids and we get fresh eggs. They are really low maintanence. We got 4 different breeds as Eric is always into diverisfication. The white leghorn is the earliest egg layer and the most dependable egg layer of the lot. Good luck it will be fun!
Ooooooooh! I'm so jealous! I would love to get chickens but our city has an ordinance against it unfortunately.
Post a Comment