Today we delivered goodies to the neighbors and just spent time together at home. Vander was about as obnoxious as a two-year-old can be. He went in Time Out more times than I can count, and many of those times it escalated to being sent to his room because he wouldn't stay in Time Out or was back-talking while he was there. Most of the times he got in trouble for hitting Annalee. Poor Annalee! When she gets hit she is such a good girl. She doesn't hit him back because she knows she shouldn't. So she just cries. It breaks my heart. Usually Vander is also very sweet and loving. I'm not sure what's gotten into him today. Maybe he just has a desperate longing for coal!
For Family Home Evening we acted out the Nativity story with the kids' Nativity set while Daddy read Luke 2. (Vander spent most of the time screaming in his room after repeated hits.) Then Vander came back to join us and the kids opened their one Christmas Eve gift. Pajamas! They were super-excited about them! (I was too, because I got Annalee's for $3 at a used kids' clothing store and Vander's for free in the tote of 2T clothes my sister lent me.)
As we were tucking the kids into bed, Annalee said, "Mommy, why did you think we would like some pajamas?"
"Because it's fun to get new pajamas. And because you can wear them downstairs tomorrow and be warm while you open presents."
Annalee's face started glowing. "Oh, Mommy! Come here! That's why you got them for us? Thank you so much! You are the nicest mommy ever!" And she gave me a big hug and kiss.

3 comments:
Woa...wish I had thought of that. I just did not want you wearing rag PJ's in Christmas pictures!
That too!
Such a sweet thank you!
Post a Comment