Friday, December 21, 2012

Recorders

A few years ago my dad asked me if there was anything of his that I would want when he is gone (which is likely to be a long time from now). I told him the things that were most special to me were his wooden recorders. So he gave them to me right then!  There's the soprano
and the alto.
I think they are just gorgeous! And they sound beautiful too. I used them in college. I convinced three other girls to make a recorder quartet with me for our ward Thanksgiving Talent Show. I got plastic soprano recorders for the other three and I played the alto one. We did "For the Beauty of the Earth." When we got up there, the audience giggled a little. A lot of people have bad memories of the horrible sounds that come from elementary kids learning the recorder. I think they expected some kind of joke. But we sounded beautiful!

Recently my dad decided he wanted the recorders back. I was really sad to part with them. I hope I get them again someday.

No comments: