The other day, as I was languishing in my bed feeling sick, Annalee ran upstairs and yelled, "Mommy! Come see what Vander is doing!" I languished more. "What is he doing, Annalee?" "He's breaking the red balls!"
Great, I thought. All those red, ball-pit balls that are scattered around the living room are being wrecked by my son. I was too tired to think about how a toddler could wreck them. I was only annoyed that his sister was disturbing my languishing.
"Well," I lectured, "if you had put them away earlier when I asked you to, he wouldn't be wrecking them now."
"Well," I lectured, "if you had put them away earlier when I asked you to, he wouldn't be wrecking them now."
"But he's breaking them!" she fretted.
"Then go get the bag they go in and put them away so he can't break them!" I snapped.
She went. A few minutes later I heard her wail of pain. (Mothers can distinguish the different wails.) I reluctantly abandoned my languishing and trudged downstairs, ready to deal out punishment. What I found was my two children sitting by the tree in a sea of broken red glass. (This picture only shows some of the damage.)
2 comments:
Our tree has been naked from three feet down from the beginning, but that didn't keep it from being knocked over. yikes. We only lost one ball to breakage and I'm still finding glass --I can't imagine 10! I would say that's what comes from having boys, but my first didn't touch the tree either, so I guess that's what comes from having more than one child --and the subsequent languishing (pregnant or not).
Oh my! So glad they didn't get cut!
Post a Comment