Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The other party

Annalee's actual birthday was on a Sunday.  We invited great-Grammy over for dinner
and had a little party.
I tried to make a rainbow cake (the colors are supposed to be in horizontal lines)
 but the psychedelic cake went over just fine, with enough artificial dye to give my grandchildren cancer.

It was Vander-approved.
 Annalee's gift from us was a digital watch with Dora on it.  She has been begging for a watch lately as I have been shopping for a replacement.  (The band on my watch is about to break and Vander cracked the face by banging it repeatedly on a table.)  I didn't get a watch yet but she loves hers!
 Here is a rarely-seen shot of Annalee with her hair pulled back.  I told her that if she didn't start letting me do her hair I would cut it short like a boy's.
When did my baby turn into this beautiful girl?

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

awwww! Happy Birthday to such a sweet girl! :) p.s. your cake rocks! :)

Jessica said...

My sister-in-law did a rainbow cake where she made each layer individually first. Miriam hardly ever lets me do anything w/her hair either.

Computer Guy said...

YAY! Now maybe she'll leave my watch alone too! Glad she let you style it because I don't think the tomboy look is her.

Just Mom said...

Awesome cake, awesome job getting her to let you fix her hair. She will be married way to soon, I know. Unless she is a little unmotivated, if that is the case, after she is 25, you can shop for her on the internet....or whatever is the deal in 22+ years. It works!

Koreena said...

Her hair looks cute like that. Jossy's gone back to never letting me do hers. Drives me crazy to have her look like a homeless child all the time.

Sandi said...

I was not UNMOTIVATED!