Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weighty Goals

It's about time I posted about my weight loss.  I mentioned the other day on Facebook: as of May 17th I have lost 30 pounds exactly.  That is three months from when I began on February 17th.  Pretty cool!

My prize for reaching 10 lbs lost was this wallet.
 I bought my next prize at the same time: this matching purse.  It took me a little while to earn this one because I got right to 19 lbs and then floated around there for a few weeks.  The purse sat on top of the fridge as a constant reminder.  But I got it!  It was quite a relief to upgrade from the baby blue diaper bag.
My 30 lb prize is a pedicure with one of my besties at a local beauty college this Saturday.  She is rewarding herself for running a race that day in preparation for her marathon this Fall.  I think we both deserve it!

I want to point out that with a BMI of 28.0 I have finally left the Realm of the Obese and am trudging through the Kingdom of the Overweight.  When I reach my goal of 170 lbs I will just barely be in the top range of the Land of Healthy with a BMI of 24.4.  Perhaps at that time I'll make a new goal to lower it a little.  It just depends on how I feel about myself.  Mostly, I don't care about numbers and charts and guidelines, I care about how I look, how I feel, and what I can do.

What should my 40 lb prize be?

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I say something for your new house that you wouldn't normally buy! :) SO happy for your success!!

Computer Guy said...

I know you got pink just so that when Nathan has to take Vander anywhere he has to carry a pink baby bag (his worst nightmare)... ok so his worst nightmare is being completely dress in pink but close enough.

Sandi said...

Nathan never takes a diaper bag anyway. He'll either go out without anything and then plan to be back before it's a problem, or he'll grab a diaper and the wipes container.

Juliet said...

See how the same we are? At the same time, we are moving BMI's out of obese and hopefully soon into the "Normal Weight" category. But I am THREE years post-pregnancy, so you got sick of it a lot faster than me. Uh, plus I am going down pretty slowly, but oh well. Good for you!

Danica said...

So proud of you Sandi! It takes so much will power! For me I'd choose a new outfit! It's been fun getting updated on your cute family!