I don't know that my hair is so exciting that everyone is dying to read a whole post about it, but it is kind of exciting to me. I waited until I was 32 to have adventures in cutting it short. Here is the "before" photo.
Yes, it is beautiful. But it rarely looked like this. I would have to go 3 days without washing it before I could get it to lie straight. And if it rained that day? No go. The biggest problem was that it is starting to get really hot and I just can't stand the hair on my neck.I spent $8 and 2 hours at a local beauty college where a gal did her first-ever A-line cut. She was so nervous. I was pretty understanding. I don't like how she styled it that day,
but I do LOVE having it off my neck!
Here is how it will look every day that I'm too lazy to straighten it.
Which is pretty much every day. Me likey!
6 comments:
Short is so much nicer to care for. And when you are tracking down kids, no time for long hair. I started cutting mine on the road to short when I was about 31, took a couple years to get shorter, but I kept at it. Looks awesome!
You look great. And don't say you're too lazy to style it...embrace your curls! It makes you look like you!
I am like you...I get so hot having my hair on my neck. I've been growing my hair out a bit, but will be chopping it soon.
I like it. I'm doing the short(er) curly adventure, too. I'm not quite off my neck yet, but I'm letting my bangs curl for the first time in... well, ever! Yay for something new and beautiful!
I already told you on Facebook how much I like it, but I also wanted to say how thin your face looks in these pics. You really look great!
I really like it! I grow my hair long so I can be "lazy," but that's because it doesn't curl all nice and cute when I don't do it. Short hair is too much hassle for me because I would have to do it every day --I can't just throw it in clip or barrette or a ponytail. I'm still tempted to cut it again now that I see your pics --not to mention getting it off my neck for the summer (I guess that's one good thing about living in Jackson --it snowed on us for Mem. Day Weekend.) My hubby likes it long though, so whatever.
(I'm also cheap and always go to the beauty colleges. You'd think that for cutting my hair maybe once every two years I could afford to go somewhere a little more professional. Go figure.)
I could have told you that short hair was the way to go in summer :P
Post a Comment