Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hello, House

In all its cheesiness, here is our Realtor, Lynn Sturgeon, handing us the keys to our new house!  (Okay, really, they were her car keys, but it's the pose that counts, right?)  I am the shmuck that made us take the picture.

We've been waiting so long for this day that now it's hard to believe it's really here.  We went to the closing this morning at the title company and despite a few hitches (which were cleared up eventually) everything turned out fine.  In fact, better than fine.  Can you believe that our house payment is $30 LESS a month than what we payed in Idaho Falls, even though our new house costs over $20,000 MORE?!?  We couldn't either.  Behold, the power of a low interest rate!

After signing the documents we were itching to get inside our beloved house, but we had to wait until it "funded and recorded".  Which no one gets around to doing until 5:00 p.m., apparently.  At 4:53 p.m. I crossed the threshold as my phone buzzed in my pocket with the text "Congratulations. Its yours!!!!!!"

Nathan made me come back outside so he could carry me over the threshold.  Despite my weightloss it was an awkward affair, made even more awkward by Vander getting in the way and nearly getting crushed.  Let's just say, thank goodness no one was taking a video!

We immediately rushed all over the house (which we had seen only the day before) and appreciated how amazing everything looked today now that it is OURS.

 Our master bath has these cute little windows that look out over the street.

Under-stair Toy Room!
 Pantry from Heaven!
 Triple-car garage!
 Big Laundry Room with folding table!
 Nathan's Man Cave with child-defeating shelves
 Annalee and Vander's PURPLE bedroom!
 I just love how this set-up looks with the stairs, landing, hanging light, etc.  Gonna do some decorating!
 Big dining/family area.
The kids had a blast in the backyard (pictures of that another day) getting dirty and smelling flowers.  Nathan swept the dead spiders up (we had the bug sprayer in last week) and I vacuumed the entire house.  Our Realtor had left us the sweetest gift, an orchid and a substantial gift card to Lowes.  (I don't think she made any money on us, personally.) 

The house is ours.  I walked around in a daze and even cried at one point.  I couldn't have felt any more awed and unreal if someone had given me a church.  Does that sound weird?  But even though our new house only has 100 more square feet than our old house in Idaho Falls, everything is so big and open and light that it feels like a church.  Or maybe a temple.  It feels like a special place.  And it is.  This is the home where our family will grow, where we will teach them and love them.  It is a sacred place.  Welcome home!

14 comments:

Koreena said...

I'm smiling ear to ear right now!!! YAY!!! I couldn't be more excited for you! I told Dan about how awesome it is and how we HAVE to come up and visit you sometime! :) Really, it's so beautiful! And YOU my dear are looking gorgeous in that first pic! Love that you made the relator give you her keys. LOL

Neoma said...

Yay!

... that's all...

Sandi said...

You are welcome to come, Koreena! For the next year or so we will have two guest rooms!

Just Mom said...

I am thrilled you are so happy! Can't wait to see it!

Laurissa said...

I love how it is such a special place. A sacred place to protect your family from the world. May the Lord bless you as you keep that special feeling in your home always.

Jenn Embry said...

I'm so excited for you. It looks like an awesome house.

Jenn Embry said...

I'm so excited for you. It looks like an awesome house.

Keri said...

Fun, Fun, Fun!! Congratulations!

Rachel Holloway said...

It look AMAAAAAAZING! So, so, so awesome! I can't wait to see you guys make it yours! :)

Katherine said...

Congrats!!! Looks like a lovely house!

Computer Guy said...

Hey don't call my bedroom a toy closet! Nice house when do I move in? :P j/k

Sandi said...

Haha, Steven! We were joking that if one of the kids gets in too much trouble we can make them sleep in the "cupboard under the stairs." You are welcome to visit anytime, and if you need to stay for a short while when you are getting a job here and finding a place, you're welcome to. We'll get Mom and Dad to move here too! (Shhhhhh! Don't tell them I said that!)

Laura said...

I love your cheesiness. You're also looking so thin! Maybe I should follow your example and actually stick to my diets. Maybe I should follow your example and actually settle down and get a house as well.
So Jealous. :(
I mean, so happy for you! The place looks even better than I imagined! Can't wait to come visit when we're back in the fall. We'll just put my kids to bed in the extra rooms and stay up all night playing games!

Danica said...

IT IS SO TRUE THAT OUR HOMES ARE SACRED PLACES. WE ALL NEED TO REMEMBER THAT MORE OFTEN! THE HOUSE IS BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATULATIONS, SO HAPPY FOR YOU!