Monday, July 2, 2012

Tired

What's more fun than taking two kids to the tire store?
 (Heh.  Yeah, I can think of tons of things too.)

I drove Nathan's car for the first time in a while and discovered it went bump-bump-bump-bump as if we were driving over sidewalk cracks.  (Like highways in Utah.)  I decided this wasn't good.  So I took the car (and the kiddos, of course) to a fancy French place called Les Schwab.  Turns out I was very close to a blow out.  Our 40k mile tires had done 60k miles!  We needed 4 new tires.  It was going to be a few hours, so we went for a walk.

We found a garage sale and bought a pink and purple softball glove for Annalee that lights up when a ball hits it.
 It also makes a great hat.

Then we walked to the frozen yogurt store to get out of the heat.
 Finally, we had nothing to do but go back to the tire store and wait.  Vander touched every tire in the store.
 And then he touched me.
He also ate candy he found on the floor and tried to kill himself with a stack of tires.  Fun times!

3 comments:

Laura said...

"A fancy French place," - haha.

4 new tires though --ouch! That's not easy on the pocketbook. Glad you didn't have a blowout though.

Rachel Holloway said...

Whew! That could have been a catastrophe! So glad you're safe!

Koreena said...

It may not have been much fun but you sure make it sound that way. :)