Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Goons

Today was such a nice day (a very bright day) that we finally took the Christmas lights down. (I know it's February, but at least we haven't turned them on since Christmas!) While we were out there we discovered that the snow had melted enough to make it perfect for packing. Nathan promptly began a snowman, so I had to follow with a snowwoman. Then we made one for Annalee too. It was so much fun, and a lot easier than I remember it being when I was younger. (It probably helps being bigger and stronger now.) It's been YEARS since I built a snowman--I really can't remember the last time I made one. I think it might have been in middle school or junior high. Since we got our own house (and especially after Annalee was born) I've been meaning to build one several times, but each time we get a good, heavy, wet snow I end up too exhausted from shoveling the driveway to do anything afterward. I'm so happy we got to do this spontaneous, fun family activity!

Thank you, Steven--who got dressed just so he could come out and take our picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never saw a nicer looking family! Memories are priceless.