Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy? I'm happy! I'm gosh-darned happy!

Today Annalee was having a bout of whining, and Daddy asked her to stop crying and come tell him what she wanted. She replied with a whiny "No!" So he calmly told her to go to her room and shut the door because we only like to be around happy girls. Suddenly her eyes opened so wide, she seemed to be trying to suck the tears back in. She painted a huge, fake smile on her face as if it pained her, and in a tremulous voice said, "Happy? Happy? Happy?" to show us just how happy she was. I cried tears of my own as I laughed myself out of my chair!

3 comments:

Koreena said...

Here's your hug! :)

That's so cute she put on her best happy face for you. Now if you could just teach my 4-year-old to do that, we would all be a lot happier in this house!

Jessica Haddox said...

Hehe, my kids do that too. Hyrum is almost heartbreaking when he does something he's about to get in trouble for. Usually, he's not really in trouble, we just want to talk to him about why what he did wasn't right. Before we can say so much as a word, he cries, "But I love you!"

Heather said...

She's soooooo funny, what a laugh!!! :)